Why Support Us?
It has been a remarkable decade to say the least and in the best traditions of anniversary milestones here are the TOP TEN HIGHLIGHTS of the first ten years of Origin Theatre:
- Presented the work of 40 European playwrights, all of the work was seen in the U.S for the first time
- Launched the 1st Irish Theatre festival which has presented work by 64 Irish playwrights
- NYC theatre debuts for Abi Morgan (writer of The Iron Lady with Meryl Streep and Shame with Michael Fassbender) Enda Walsh (Broadway: Once), Samuel Adamson (Lincoln Centre & London West End: War Horse, co-writer), Mark O’Rowe (The Public) & Lucy Caldwell (Dylan Thomas Prize)
- Transatlantic partnerships with 57 organizations, including the Irish and British Consulates, the American Irish Historical Society, the Northern Ireland Bureau, the Wales International Center, Fordham University and the Lincoln Center Library for the Performing Arts
- Plaudits from Irish President Mary McAleese
- Bill Clinton’s official appreciation of the work of Origin
- 2010 invitation to The White House to meet President Obama
- Building an audience of more than 35,000 friends
- Press coverage across all titles and key broadcasters, including the Irish Times, the New York Times, the Washington Post and PBS
- Mondays of May reading series filling NYU Ireland House to capacity
Really those are just the brightest threads of the rich tapestry of theatre that we have weaved into the cultural landscape of New York City and beyond since 2002. And none of this would have been possible without public support from our Cultural Believers. This boundless energy and enthusiasm has enabled us to realize Origin’s founding vision:
“to create theatre that truly reached people…a theatre that told stories, stirred the emotions and encouraged new dialogue. Because there is incredibly wonderful work by amazing young playwrights being presented throughout Europe, and Origin is their gateway to America. Origin’s work seeks to explore cultural identity and global understanding from the unique perspective of these young writers.”
But we need your ongoing support for our continued success and future growth. As we open the chapter on our tenth birthday season, we need you to dig deep to help us to meet and exceed our previous achievements.
Corporate Sponsorship Opportunities
Origin has a rich seam of artistic programming which offers superb branding and cultural investment for any organization. Origin’s extensive network of theatre patrons and media, reaches tens of thousands of people and potential business opportunities. And sponsorship means your organization’s logo will appear on up to 100,000 ads and other marketing materials.
- Mondays of May – readings showcasing the best new writing from Europe
- Mainstage Production – a fully realized American Premiere of an acclaimed European play
- First Irish Festival – international showcase of playwriting from the Irish diaspora
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. Some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses! With a matching gift you might be able to double or even triple your contribution to Origin Theatre Company.
Does your employer sponsor a matching gift program? If so, please remember to ask your employer for a matching gift form. Complete the form and send it to Origin with your gift. We’ll take it from there.